Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Reorganizing

I've been giving the blog a lot of thought recently and have decided that I'll need to be more organized if I'm actually going to manage to keep up. The first thing I need to do is come up with a new name, since we are no longer "waiting for baby." So we'll see what I come up with for that!

My current plan is to do at least the following:
  • Monthly posts highlighting Dexter's development
      • be on the lookout for a post later this week when he turns six months old!
  • Wordless Wednesdays
      • picture-only posts on Wednesdays
  • Foodie Fridays
      • sharing recipes and soliciting your favorites! 
Life has been chugging along and Dexter is growing like a weed. It is so hard to believe that I will have a six-month-old in less than a week! Honestly, nothing could have prepared me for how amazing it is to be a parent. I love watching him interact with the world, experiencing every little thing for the first time.

We've been having a blast introducing solid foods - Dex LOVES to eat! He yells at me between spoonfuls if I'm not getting it in his mouth fast enough and smacks his lips when he gets his favorite, which so far is applesauce. We've tried: oatmeal, rice cereal, applesauce, bananas, pears, avocado, and Japanese sweet potato. Tonight we're going to try some butternut squash, which I'm pretty sure he'll love. The only thing he hasn't liked so far was the avocado - that made him cry! We'll try it again though.

I'm hoping that having a plan for the blog will keep it more active, as I like keeping our friends and family in the loop! Aside from the planned posts, I'll continue to update here and there about what's going on in the Bertolone household. Now that the warmer weather is here we'll be able to get out and do more with the baby, and I can't wait to share our adventures with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment